RJM is searching for our next web developer. This position will work with a team of other designers, copywriters, developers, and account executives to create a variety of digital executions from full websites to microsites and email campaigns. This would include any front-end coding needed to convert provided Photoshop comps into working sites and integration of content management systems. Secondary responsibilities for the position will be assigned to match the skills of the individual, but may include back end programming, web server maintenance, Google Analytics analysis, troubleshooting, website design, and creation and management of email marketing.
Our clients span a variety of industries including travel and tourism, banking, senior living, and K-12 schools. We have an in-house, sister company that provides website hosting for our clients. Every day is a bit different than the last, both in our projects and the clients you work on. You’ll ultimately be responsible for translating client goals and objectives into a digital execution that accomplishes them.
There are a few things that are must have for this position. They probably aren’t anything surprising, but they are:
- Portfolio of coding experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of Twitter Bootstrap or similar for responsive design
- Ability to extend a template design to a full site
Not everything is easily shown in a portfolio. What other skills are we looking for in a candidate?
- Ability to collaborate on large creative concepts and work independently on singular executions
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- A passion for the web
- A desire to find ways around and through problems
- An interest in learning more. About development, about the industry, about new techniques and trends, about our clients.
Along with a solid background in web development, we’re looking the something extra that you bring to the table. We don’t have a specific skill in mind; we’re just interested in your other passions and skills. What else could you add to the team that we’d be interested in? Bonus points for any of the following:
- Proven understanding and experience developing for content management systems. Preference for experience with setup and template creation for ExpressionEngine, Statamic, Wordpress, Craft, Joomla, or similar.
- Experience and ability to write quality PHP/MySQL code
- Proven website design experience
- Ability to interpret Google Analytics data
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager
- Proven experience managing LAMP servers
- Experience developing email marketing campaigns
- Experience with SEO
This is an in-house, on-site position based in Jackson, Michigan - though with the current conditions with COVID-19 a remote, work from home situation is available. Along with a great work environment and team, company benefits include:
- Paid time off earned and available immediately
- Health insurance
- Optional vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Anniversary bonus
- Flexible start times